Dear News Media Partner:
Holiday season is always a special time of the year. Let Florida 511 (FL511) navigate your travels during this busy time of celebrations!
In recognition of the season, the Florida Department of Transportation’s (FDOT) Florida 511 Advanced Traveler Information system (ATIS) is reaching out to travelers with the Holiday Travels Toolkit. This toolkit provides information to help travelers stay in the know with traffic conditions, the best routes, and much more to help arrive to their destinations.
FL511 provides information about current road and travel conditions in Florida, so drivers can make choices about their travel plans. Its motto is “know before you go.” The service includes a website in English and Spanish, mobile apps, Twitter messages, text alerts, and Facebook and Instagram pages. The service also provides real-time camera views on major Florida roads, so users can see live road conditions throughout the state. The goal is to increase driving safety and reduce travel time and stress.
Please feel free to use this information and share these materials with your network and on your communications platforms.
We also invite you to subscribe to one or more of our social media accounts, including 13 Twitter accounts:
@FL511_state; @FL511_turnpike; @FL511_northeast; @FL511_southeast; @FL511_central; @FL511_panhandl; @FL511_tampabay; @FL511_i95; @FL511_i95express; @FL511_i75; @FL511_i10; and @FL511_ i4.
Additionally, we invite you to follow us and like us on our Facebook page, @FL511, and our Instagram page, @Florida_511.
Thank you and safe travels.
FL511 Marketing Team
Q&A: FL511 and the Florida 511 Mobile App
FL511 is the abbreviated name for the Florida 511 (FL511) Advanced Traveler Information System (ATIS), which is the state’s official source for real-time traffic and travel information. It is a service of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). The system provides directions to any destination with travel times and alternate routes on most roadways throughout the state. Users can also get information on crashes, congestion, construction zones and closures on Florida’s interstates, toll roads, and other major roadways. The system includes a website, mobile app, text alerts, social media pages, and much more.
The mobile app has been available for both Apple and Android devices since 2012. It was upgraded in 2018 and early 2019 to keep up with technological advances and to make it even more user-friendly.
It has a completely redesigned user interface.
- Voice Interaction feature
- The ability to view events within a specific radius
- The ability to view camera snapshots for specific roads
- The ability to create and save destinations
- The ability to display road closures and detour maps, and
- A truck parking availability feature
It is now called the Florida 511 Mobile App – Connect.Know.Go.
It is available at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
You don’t have to do anything if your apps are automatically updated. If not, you will need to download the updated app.
New users just download the app to their smartphone from the Apple App Store or Google Play. There is a wealth of information on the app, so it takes some time to explore and become familiar with the many features.
FL511 and its mobile app is a free service provided by the FDOT to increase safety and reduce driving time on Florida’s roads. There may be a cost for the mobile data used on your smartphone that is charged by your data provider.
The Florida 511 (FL511) Advanced Traveler Information System (ATIS) also includes a website (FL511.com) in English and Spanish, text alerts and messages, 13 Twitter feeds, and Facebook and Instagram pages.
It is the only traveler information system just for Florida’s roads. The data and information are trustworthy as it comes from government sources. The system has accurate local traffic information. It has real-time traffic camera views on major roadways throughout Florida.
- Drive mode
- Voice Interaction feature
- Multiple routes provided for each destination
- Real-time traffic information including crashes, congestion, construction zones and road closures
- Turn-by-turn directions
- Travel times
- Traffic monitoring cameras
- Optional truck parking alerts
Visit FL511.com or download the Florida 511 Mobile App –Connect.Know.Go. at the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Travel smart with FL511 and connect, know, and go!
Florida 511 Mobile App Overview
The Florida 511 Mobile App is a component of the Florida 511 (FL511) Advanced Traveler Information System (ATIS), which provides real-time traffic information and travel conditions on Florida’s roads. The FL511 system is the state’s official source for traffic and travel information.
An invaluable app, FL511 provides information on congestion events, crashes, construction zones and road maintenance activities. FL511 also provides travel times on all interstates, toll roads and alternative routes, so drivers can make better choices about their travel plans. The information is accessible by the mobile app, a website (FL511.com) in English and Spanish, Twitter messages, Facebook, Instagram, text alerts and more.
Features of the Florida 511 Mobile App and some of the latest improvements include:
- A completely redesigned user interface
- Ability to display road closures and detour routes on the map
- Ability to receive road weather alerts
- Access to weather radar overlay information
- Receive up-to-date information about congestion, crashes, construction zones, road closures and more
- Benefit from voice interaction feature functionality – users can speak a request for a city, county, or roadway to view relevant events and information
- Ability to view events within a specific radius
- Ability to view camera snapshots for specific events
- Ability to create and save destinations
- A truck parking availability feature
- Ability to travel smart with the Florida 511 Mobile App to Connect, Know, and Go!
Before leaving for their destination, motorists can check the interactive road map on FL511.com for up-to-date information about congestion, crashes, construction zones, road closures and more.
For more information, visit the website at www.FL511.com or download the mobile app. Travelers can also follow FL511 on 13 Twitter handles, on Facebook @FL511, and Instagram @Florida_511. Travel smart with the Florida 511 Mobile App to Connect, Know, and Go!
Strategic Communications Links
Here are some helpful links from the FL511 website for the media:
- FL511 website: https://www.fl511.com
FL511 media resources on this website:
- Ads: https://news.fl511.com/media/ads
- Fact Sheets: https://news.fl511.com/faq
- Images: https://news.fl511.com/media/images
- News Releases: https://news.fl511.com/news
- Newsroom: https://www.fl511newsroom.com
- Toolkits: https://news.fl511.com/partners-toolkits
- Videos: https://news.fl511.com/media/videos