My Florida 511 Personalized ServicesNovember 14, 2016
Register on the FL511.com Website
» Go to FL511.com.
» Register for a My Florida 511 account to save your custom routes and sign-up for personalized alerts.
» To register, click “Register” at the top right of the page. Then fill in your name, email address and create a password.
» Enter your phone number if you would like to receive alerts via text message.
» Creating and saving a route is easier. Enter the addresses for your starting point and destination. The website will provide the driving directions, projected travel times, and incidents on up to three routes. Choose one, then name it and click “Save.”
My Florida 511 features several alert options. Once a route is saved, hover over the “My Florida 511” button at the top of the page and select “Manage Routes and Alerts.” Then click “Create Alert” for the route of your choice.
• Events (Incidents, Construction, Congestion)
• Notification Type (New Event, Event Update, Event Cleared)
• Days of the week you would like to receive notifications for this route
• Set time period to receive notifications
• Delivery options (By Email, By SMS/Text)
• Travel Time: receive an alert when travel time for your route increases
• Traffic Speed: receive an alert when the average speed along your route decreases
• Daily Alert Summary: receive a daily summary of the alerts on your selected routes
» Once you have registered, the new “My Cameras” feature allows you to add your favorite cameras to a slideshow on the homepage. To do so, select “Cameras” on the map legend, click the camera you would like to add from the map, then click “Add.”
»You can also sign up for Emergency Alerts. An “Emergency Alert” provides you with information on severe weather, wildfires, weather-related road and bridge closures, as well as AMBER, Silver and Blue alerts. In the “Manage Routes & Alerts” section, click on “Create Emergency Alert.” Decide the delivery option and the county or counties about which you would like to receive emergency alerts.
Know before you go! Keep Florida moving with the new Florida 511!